by Kelvin Chin
Life After Life Expert & Meditation Teacher
1. Scientists or spiritual teachers who espouse the Laws of Thermodynamics, especially the First Law (“neither matter nor energy can be created or destroyed”), who also talk about God or anything being the “Creator” of the Universe. There can be no creator if neither matter nor energy can be destroyed.
2. Spiritual teachers who speak about Eternity and the Creation of the Universe. It is impossible. They are mutually exclusive. Either the Universe is eternal, i.e., beyond the measurement of time, or it’s not. If it’s eternal, that means — with no beginning and no end. Creation requires a beginning.
3. Spiritual teachers who tell you they are not your gurus, but expect you to follow what they say without question because they “know what is good for you.” If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it’s a duck. Or guru. Look at their actions, not just their words.
4. Ditto #3 for angels or other spiritual teachers channeling from “the other side.”
5. Spiritual teachers who tell you that you are being or will be judged spiritually by anyone, now or after death.
6. Spiritual teachers who tell you that you are being or will be punished spiritually by anyone (Hell, karma, etc.).
7. Anyone who tells you they know your “level of spiritual development.”
8. Spiritual teachers who say there is an end point, a goal, a state of perfection, e.g., Enlightenment, Nirvana, etc.
9. Anyone who uses “Destiny” or phrases like “It's meant to be” to describe a pre-ordained result or pre-determined path. Because this violates the principle of Free Will — choice.
10. Anyone who uses the existence of the Afterlife or other lifetimes (reincarnation) as evidence that God exists. They are two very different concepts. We can have experiences and memories of both “Heaven” and other lifetimes — and still be an agnostic or atheist.
Kelvin H. Chin is a Meditation Teacher, Life After Life Expert, and Author of “Overcoming the Fear of Death.” He learned to meditate at age 19, and has been teaching Turning Within and coaching others in their self-growth for 40 years. He helps people understand their life challenges through their individual belief systems, and helps them find their own solutions. His past life memories reach back many centuries, and he accesses those memories in his teaching and his coaching in the same way all coaches draw on their own available experiences for perspective and effective analogies. He can be reached at www.OvercomingTheFearOfDeath.org or www.TurningWithin.org.